A couple of weeks ago Erick Schenkel wrote to us about some changes with The Paul Project—
- All along the way as we have worked on The Paul Project, by faith we have sought to follow God’s lead. Most recently we’ve been engaging in discussions with a major Hollywood producer who has been planning a Paul project of his own, with hopes of collaborating on a single project….
- No firm commitments have yet been made, but I want you—our 1,000 Days of Prayer partners—to know where we are in this process so you will be praying as we work out details.
We now have a firm date for the next meeting between Erick Schenkel and the Hollywood producer. Let’s pray together for their meeting on August 29.
- Pray for Erick and the Hollywood producer to experience God’s grace as they meet together.
- Ask God to give them understanding and wisdom.
- Pray for God’s glory to be revealed as they seek God’s direction in this potential collaboration.
“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it’” (Isaiah 30:21, New International Version).
Last week we heard from Erick Schenkel about some significant changes in The Paul Project. Thank you for your encouraging responses and continued prayer partnership.
Our goal remains the same as it has always been—to produce worldwide film-based ministry resources. The Paul Project planning team is working out the best way to accomplish that goal in light of this new potential collaboration.
From the beginning we knew we would need God’s wisdom and guidance, and a team of Spirit-filled prayer partners to walk with us on this journey. We continue to count on your faithful prayers as we follow God’s lead with these new possibilities.
- Pray that Erick Schenkel and the Hollywood producer will be able to meet face to face later this month to discuss our potential collaboration. Ask God to grant wisdom to them as they meet.
- Pray for clarity for The Paul Project planning team as they work through the next steps of the project.
“Pray that the LORD your God will show us what to do and where to go” (Jeremiah 42:3, New International Version).
All along the way as we have worked on The Paul Project, by faith we have sought to follow God’s lead. Most recently we’ve been engaging in discussions with a major Hollywood producer who has been planning a Paul project of his own, with hopes of collaborating on a single project. After months of discussions, we have come to the conviction that it will be the wisest use of kingdom resources to do one project instead of two.
As a result, we have put on hold our plans to have a feature film and discipleship series produced by Asian partners. We now are in discussion about specific ways we might work together with the Hollywood Paul production to accomplish each of our goals for our Paul Project, rather than working separately. Our Asian partners are also considering how they might stay involved.
No firm commitments have yet been made, but I want you—our 1,000 Days of Prayer partners—to know where we are in this process so you will be praying as we work out details.
Please pray that the Hollywood producer and I will experience God’s grace as we continue our discussions, and that God will be glorified in the results! Pray also for our Asian partners and the key members of our Paul Project team as we consider this new direction.
I remember what Dr. Bright taught us years ago about being filled with the Spirit: “Every day can be an exciting adventure for the Christian who knows the reality of being filled with the Holy Spirit and who lives constantly, moment by moment, under His gracious direction.”
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you” (Psalm 32:8, New International Version).
Let’s continue to pray together, to seek God’s direction for The Paul Project. He will guide us each step of the way,